I opened up the Terminator Squad kit my brother bought me for my birthday while I was visiting them a few weeks back (never mind that my birthday is not until late August). A couple of hours work then ensued as I cut the pieces, trimmed the excess plastic and filed down the rough cuts. The result - five dismembered Space Marine Terminators. Unlike the plastic Tactical Squad, the weapons are integrated into the arm pieces, and the heads and torsos have a smaller range of movement so a few less posing options present themselves.
Then I had some lunch, and repaired to the patio outside. I really dislike the smell of the glue, so I like to do that part outside, and even then I prefer to wear a mask to keep out the fumes. Probably overkill, but it is what I do. There were a few different weapons choices. I selected a power sword and storm bolter for the sergeant (in the centre of the picture).
For the others, from left to right, I chose assault cannon/power fist, heavy flamer/power fist, (skipping the sergeant), storm bolter/power fist with small chainsword, and finally storm bolter/power fist with the missile pack.
Next, I did my tax return while a waited for the glue to dry. After a couple hours doing that, I proceeded outside to do the undercoat. As these will be in the Ultramarine colour scheme (yes, boring, I know) to match my previous work, I did the undercoat in Chaos Black.
As it is now approaching 3:30 pm, the natural light is starting to go, and so I won't start painting them this afternoon. Rather, it is about time for me to head to the gym for the daily workout. I'll keep you posted on progress. I will probably spend a few hours painting tomorrow while I mull over my next certification move.