Saturday, August 6, 2011

Terminator Squad 6

At last, it is complete.  Today I spent around five hours painting the Terminator Squad Sergeant.  I really tried to make this one as good as I could.  For the most part, I am fairly happy with it.  However, I can see the flaws in my technique.  That is a good thing, however, as it can only make me better to know where I can improve.

So here it is.  The images in this post are not reduced; I wanted the best resolution possible.  Click on the images for larger versions.


Some of the freehand on the banner is a bit rough, and again the chest emblem was a little too filled in by the undercoat.  I am happy about the detail on the power sword, storm bolter and the face.  It is not super-obvious, but I did put some writing on the banner plaque; uses a thin felt-tipped pen, and then covered with the gloss varnish.


I tried some of the layering techniques to try to get some definition in the facial features.  I think it is fine, but the technique needs some work.

So, there it is.  The Terminator Squad is complete.  I have a Devastator Squad (standard Space Marines with heavy weapons) in the box, but I think I will take a little break from painting.  Let me know what you think.

1 comment:

  1. All I can say is I'm most impressed. You can definitely see your technique improving with each figure. I wish I had the chance to sit down and do some of mine....

    ReplyDelete